The easiest chocolate cake to make that anyone can do with great success. Very rich and chocolaty. Paula and her granddaughter love to make this cake for birthdays and special occasions. Of course the decorations are always the best way to really personalise your cake!
Sprinkles and Marshmallows are always a favourite 😉
- 250g butter
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 250g caster sugar
- 150g Baked to Taste Cake Mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 190ºC/ fan oven 170ºC, Gas mark 4. Grease and line the base of two 20cm cake tins with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan over a low heat, then stir in the chocolate until melted.
- Add the sugar until dissolved, remove from the heat and gradually sift in the Baked to Taste cake mix until thoroughly combined.
- Beat the eggs into the chocolate mix a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared tins, and bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes until a skewer comes out just clean.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Ingredients (Chocolate Frosting)
- 200g dark chocolate chopped
- 100g unsalted butter
- 75g icing sugar
- 10g cocoa powder
Method (Chocolate Frosting)
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Sift the cocoa and icing sugar together and gradually add to the bowl, whisking until fully incorporated.
- Cool the icing until a little thicker but still a good consistency to pour.
- Sandwich the cake with 1 third of the icing and then pour the rest over the top. Whipped double cream also goes well in the middle.
- Decorate with chocolate sweets, glitter and sprinkles. Whatever takes your fancy!
Or why get your chocolate fix from one our ready made gluten free chocolate cakes.
Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Cake